1. How often should I have my garage door serviced?
Garage doors should be serviced by a service technician once a year. In some cases depending on the size and location of door e.g. close to the ocean, it should be serviced twice a year.
2. My door stops half way and goes back down or up?
9/10 times this is not a motor issue, motors have safety force on them so that if they hit an object they feel force and go back up. Chances are the door is too heavy or is getting stuck, especially if tracks are too tight and the house has moved. In this case a service technician should be called.
3. How do I know if my door needs a service?
If your door is running on a remote motor put it into manual and place the door in the half way position, the door should stay there. If it drops, the door needs tension and is due for a service. If the door is really noisy it will need lubrication.
4. What can I lubricate my door with?
If it is a panel lift or sectional door WD40 is a great product to use on springs bearings and moving parts on hinges. If it is a roller door never grease the guides, you can wipe the guides out and use silicone spray.
5. Can I tension a door myself?
This is not recommended, our staff are trained professionals. Tensioning a door can be quite dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing
6. I can hear my motor running but its not moving the door?
Make sure the door is engaged with the motor.
7. What happens to my old garage door when I get a new one?
Don’t worry, we can take away any old garage doors with no extra cost.